1. The GoPayment app is compatible with most Apple and Android smart phones and tablets. To see if your device is compatible, check the List of Devices Compatible with the Free Card Reader.
2. To use the card reader, plug it into the headphone jack on your phone or tablet. If your phone has a case, you may need to remove it first to ensure a good connection.
3. Start the GoPayment app.
4. Turn the volume on your device all the way up. This step is important because the card reader transmits data using an audio signal.
5. Tap the Settings gear icon on your device to access the Settings menu. You should be able able to access a variety of volume controls through one of these menus: Sound, Music or Accessibility. Once you are done, exit out of this menu.
Settings Gear Icon
6. Identify which card reader you are using. You will only have to do this once. Tap the Settings gear icon again and select Card Reader. On the Settings page, tap Card Reader Type, and then tap the picture that matches your card reader. Tap the Home icon to return to the home page. Note: If you are using a Bluetooth device you may be asked for a PIN. For the BlueBamboo (P25) enter the 8 digit PIN code found underneath the printer hood (for detailed steps see Connecting/Pairing the P25 BlueBamboo to your mobile device).
6. To accept a credit card payment, tap Take Payment and enter the dollar amount to be processed. When you're finished, click Next and choose Credit.
7. Swipe the credit card through the card reader and then tap Done.
8. Have the customer sign with their finger and tap Charge.
Note: You can send a copy of the receipt to the customer via email or text. Tap Done to return to the Home page.
If your card reader isn’t functioning properly, make sure the connection is good. The plug should snap into place when you insert it.
If the card reader still does not work, try disabling Bluetooth, restarting your phone, or clearing the cookie, history and cache through your phone’s web browser. For more information,
see card reader troubleshooting guide